The news you hear, whether on the radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, wire services (like Associated Press), or mainstream media Internet sites, is most likely owned by one of the following companies:
Other major players are AT&T, Viacom (formerly part of CBS), Liberty Media, and Sony.
- AOL/Time-Warner CNN and a multitude of varied media and other interests.
- CBS Corporation Formerly Westinghouse Electric. Owns CBS news and a multitude of varied media and other interests.
- General Electric Corporation One of the largest corporations in the world with their fingers in almost every industry.
Owns NBC and a multitude of varied media and other interests.
- Disney Corporation ABC News and a multitude of varied media and other interests.
- News Corporation Fox News, as well as Newspapers like the New York Post and Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires.
A very long list of varied media and other interests.
- Bertelsmann Owns most of the media and publishing in Germany and has a variety of media and other interests throughout Europe.
- Vivendi Universal What is not owned in Europe by Bertelsmann is probably owned by Vivendi.
The corporation also has holdings in the U.S., including the USA and Sci-Fi cable networks.
They are also busy soaking up (privatizing) water rights all over the world.
Understand that "varied media interests" means that these corporations also own or otherwise control major newspapers, most of the popular magazines, TV and radio station networks and cable and satellite networks.
They also own several of the largest publishing houses. If you don't find that alarming, BUCKLE UP!